Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pay it Backwards

The cold enters my body through my ripped fashionable jeans
I bounce back and forth on my thin heels to warm up
Quivering I stand supportively beside you

And your black curls blow wildly in the wind
Your awkwardly big jacket looks lovely on you.
You excitedly pitch your slogan to strangers but they simply pass you by.

You chase after them still campaigning, but your pleas fall onto deaf ears.
You don’t give up as you continue to spread the word on random acts of kindness
Why does watching you like this give me a secret sense of satisfaction?

Is it because I see your vulnerable side as you’ve exposed mine?
Witness that you are capable of passion even if it’s not towards me?
See you stung by the cruelty of rejection?

No.
It’s simple --
I honestly just love you.

And I want to stand beside you
Even in difficult moments
To secretly watch you and be filled with pride and admiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment