Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In order to exprience this poem at its best, I highly recommend that you please pause, click on the link below, put on the following music in the background and then read on:

straight to number one

Tuesday
Pull my hair
Yank my shirt
Order me to kiss you
Swing me around
Slap me
Bite me
Poke me
Own me
Demolish me
into little pieces
Burn me
Crystallize me
into one of your possessions



Thursday
Look into my eyes
Pull me close against your chest
Until our hearts beat as one
Trust that I will
Kiss your tears away
Whisper sweet words in my ear
Light the flame of love inside me
Its warmth shelters us both from the unknown
I’m lost in you and you in me
Until we find ourselves in the other


One Night,
Walk through a narrow street in Paris
Where the scattered street lamps and rain drops make the pavements glow
And stop upon a rustic apartment with a window pan of purple flowers
Come inside and find me
My hair in wild curls strewn around me due to the humidity
My skin soft and moist-
My lips red from the wine
See me, pause and really see me, see through me, inside me
Touch me
Slowly
Remind me
Of your scent so intoxicating
Your tongue so curious
Your body so strong
Your love so warm and tender
Make me tremble in your embrace
Run your hands down my long legs
And remind me
Of that Tuesday long ago
When I experienced lust at its most fervent peak
Or the Thursday
When I felt love in all its glory
Let love and lust combine in an explosive passion
Put me under your spell
And make me so high that I once again feel connected
With the earth, God, the streets of Paris, with you,
With myself.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, way to get creative. :) I like that you incorporated colour and music with this poem (even though, sadly, I can't read the poem with music until I get home). Also, I like how you broke up the different "scenes."

    REALLY glad you're starting to write regularly. I can't believe how much your work has developed since I started reading it a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO, I don't remember if I told you about this online writing community I joined, but you should seriously consider it: http://readwritepoem.org/

    They have weekly poetry prompts that I find really helpful to get you into exploring new styles and types of poetry.

    ReplyDelete