Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kids don't try this at home

My version of sabzi polo va mahi.
I totally winged this my selecteing some random fresh herbs from the garden. After speaking with my mom, I got two of the herbs right, parsley and leek, but for anyone wondering, reyhoon does not go in this dish. Instead I needed dill.
The correct way to make this is to cut up plenty of these 3 herbs (parsley, leek and dill - the rice is supposed to look green when you're done) and throw it in the rice cooker with your rice. Add two cloves of garlic and a drizzle of oil and salt. Once your rice is ready serve it with tuna or some fresh fish and be sure to add lots of lemon. It's a very simple dish (although I managed to mess it up the first time) and a good reminder of home.
I'll do a better job next time for sure and share it with Gailon, Yolanda and Paolo.

2 comments:

  1. lol... wow.. so when your back,,, your gona make it for us... since now you know the polo has to look green and what goes in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I might try that at home now that I have a rice cooker. Looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete